Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Online: Book: Trail Of Blood

I love this little book by J. M. Carroll.  It gives a concise church history starting from the time of Christ and his apostles and traces it from how Christ set it up to the variety of churches we have today.  If you were to buy this book online it would typically cost about $2.00 and it would come as a small pamphlet with tiny writing.  But guess what?  It's online now and I wanted to share it with you.  Visit this link HERE to read it online.

For the most part this book follows closely the history of Ana-Baptists (Baptists) but also loosely follows other church histories, including persecution done to the Baptists through the ages by many denominations.

J.M. Carrol dedicated his life to researching church history (and wasn't a Baptist when he started), and does a fantastic job, even giving you many of his references at the end of the book so that you can try to find some of the original materials for yourself to look up the info.  Of course some of these materials are probably not available, but many of them are, such as Fox's Book of Martyrs.

I hope you enjoy this read.  Once again, here is the link.

Blessings!

6 comments:

  1. It's sad to me that on a site such as this there are so few posts. We have lost our way and need to diligently seek His face or face the consequences. This world is perverted and will face His wrath. The hardest part to accept is that we can't see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came across this site a few days ago. I see the last blog is a couple months old. Is this blog still active?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear anonmyous,

    This blog is still active. I have not had a chance to post much recently but I will endeavor to get some new posts up soon. If you have any ideas about posts you'd like to see on this blog, feel free to drop them in a comment and I'll see what I can do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had never heard of this book "Trail of Blood". Thanks for the "heads up" it's now next on my reading list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What are your impressions of the book? I'm looking for historically accurate books about the church to cite from for my own work. Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, and thank you for leaving a comment.

Comments are moderated. We will not publish comments with:
Spam, profanity, off topic comments, hate mail, links to your website that were not asked for.

Thank you very much and blessings!

Welcome

Welcome to Christian Bible Study Blog. Feel free to browse our Bible studies, articles, study tools, support store, and more. We want to provide you with valuable resources.

Check back often for new articles and studies!