Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

Surprise!

Mom... dad... surprise!  I'm a sinner and I did it again!  Are you mad?

Being a parent now I have come to appreciate many things from growing up, and I try to take everything in a positive light to better myself as a parent.  All those times when my mom said, "I hope someday you have a child who makes you want to pull your hair out," (yeah, and now my mom's laughing), I can appreciate how hard my siblings and I made things on her.  

I can also now appreciate some of those times when one or both of my parents weren't as nice as I would have liked them to be to me when I messed up, as children and as all people do.  Why?  Because the way I take this in a positive light is to learn from it and promise myself not to copy any negative aspects I endured as a child.  I hated it when I got that look, or the angry comments like, "I can't believe you did that."  Why not?  Why couldn't they believe it?  I was just a child after all.

I came across a great post on the blog The Blazing Center, and wanted to share it with you.  Stephen Altrogge shares in this post how his father was never surprised when he sinned as a child, and through his attitude was able to give Stephen an outlook on life that allows him to share some grace with others.  Check out the article HERE.  I thought it was a wonderful little read worth sharing, especially in light of Romans 3:10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one.

This is one of those positive things I will take into my parenting style with my children, even if it's a lesson learned from someone else's parent.

Blessings!

Note: I do not endorse any material on the blog The Blazing Center, aside from the article linked to above.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, and thank you for leaving a comment.

Comments are moderated. We will not publish comments with:
Spam, profanity, off topic comments, hate mail, links to your website that were not asked for.

Thank you very much and blessings!

Welcome

Welcome to Christian Bible Study Blog. Feel free to browse our Bible studies, articles, study tools, support store, and more. We want to provide you with valuable resources.

Check back often for new articles and studies!