Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

Psalm 121 - KJV

I really wanted to share Psalms 121 with you today (KJV as always).  I love this psalm as it is always very uplifting to me.  As you may know, the Song Praise You In This Storm by Casting Crowns is somewhat based off of this Psalm with the chorus lyrics of: "I lift my eyes unto the hills, where does my help come from?  My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of Heaven and Earth."

Psalms 121:1 I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
Psalms 121:2 My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.
Psalms 121:3 He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.
Psalms 121:4 Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
Psalms 121:5 The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand.
Psalms 121:6 The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.
Psalms121:7 The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.
Psalms 121:8 The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

I really love this psalm because it reminds me who it is that is helping and protecting me: Our Lord who made the Heaven and Earth.  I've heard people say that God can't have a personal relationship with each Christian, or that He can't answer every prayer, but He is the one who created everything from the dirt to giraffes to DNA.  This psalm tells us the Lord helps us, he never sleeps so he's always with us, he is our keeper, our protector, our saviour (he shall preserve thy soul), and will be with us always (forevermore).

What a wonderful way to be lifted up in time of need, to remember that it is not on our own that we journey through life, but with the Lord every step of the way.

Blessings!

1 comment:

  1. I am 67 years old. Certainly the truth of this psalm has filled my life. My prayer for anyone reading this comment is that you place all your trust in Jesus, His death and resurrection, for your salvation. Please read the book of John In the Bible. Ask the Lord to open your mind to understanding the truth of every Word. When God gives you spiritual understanding and a desire to receive the free gift of salvation -- receive it by faith. Your destiny will be to live, love and know Jesus eternally. John 3:16 and John 17:3. -- Amen!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, and thank you for leaving a comment.

Comments are moderated. We will not publish comments with:
Spam, profanity, off topic comments, hate mail, links to your website that were not asked for.

Thank you very much and blessings!

Welcome

Welcome to Christian Bible Study Blog. Feel free to browse our Bible studies, articles, study tools, support store, and more. We want to provide you with valuable resources.

Check back often for new articles and studies!